Answers to every conceivable question ...Index to EVERY conceivable question! If you cannot find the answer to your question, please email the clinic at info@acupunctureIVF.com.au
About acupuncture Q&A
- What do the needles look like?
- Are the needles sterile?
- Does it hurt?
- How long are needles left in for?
- How will I feel?
- How does acupuncture work in general?
- Who will administer the acupuncture?
- I would like to have acupuncture during my IVF cycle, but the thought of more needles is not a pleasant one. Is there any alternative?
Acupuncture and IVF
Acupuncture and embryo transfer Q&A
- Should I have acupuncture before or after my embryo transfer, or both?
- What if my embryo transfer is at 7am ?
- I am having PGD, so my transfer will be later in the day. When can I have acupuncture?
- Why is it important to have the acupuncture treatments close to the time and place of embryo transfer?
- If I have more than one embryo transferred and I have acupuncture before and after the transfer, am I more likely to have a multiple pregnancy?
Acupuncture at other times in the IVF cycle Q&A
- I donít know which of all the different acupuncture treatment options to choose?
- Is it a good idea to have acupuncture after egg collection?
Mechanism of acupuncture Q&A
- How does acupuncture help relieve side effects?
- How does acupuncture work to increase pregnancy rates in IVF patients?
- Will you be doing any research at the acupuncture IVF support clinic to determine how acupuncture increases IVF success rates?
Acupuncture & conditions associated with infertility Q&A
- My IVF specialist says my problem is poor quality eggs, can acupuncture help this?
- I have responded poorly to the IVF medication in my last 3 cycles, and produced few eggs. Can acupuncture help me?
- The last time I did IVF my ovaries were overstimulated and my cycle was cancelled. Could acupuncture prevent this happening in future IVF cycles?
- I have been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Should I have acupuncture on the day of transfer and/or during my IVF cycle?
- I have been unable to conceive because of endometriosis. Is acupuncture appropriate for me?
- Will acupuncture help me respond better in an IVF cycle if I have low ovarian reserve, high FSH or a diagnosis of premature menopause?
- I am 45 years of age. Will acupuncture help IVF produce better results for me?
- When should I look for an alternative to IVF in my quest for treatment for infertility?
Acupuncture for men Q&A
- The IVF specialist says it doesnít matter that my sperm are mostly the wrong shape and cant swim well or fertilise the egg, because the embryologist will choose a sperm and fertilise the egg using ICSI. So why should I have acupuncture?
- Laboratory analysis shows that my semen contains virtually no sperm at all. My specialist tells me I must have a biopsy taken from one of my testicles to see if they can find any sperm to be used in an IVF/ICSI cycle. Can acupuncture help me avoid a biopsy?
- I find that the pressure of trying to produce a sample on demand at the IVF clinic after my wife has had her eggs collected is enough to stop anything working. Can acupuncture help?
- How can I support my wife going through IVF?
Referrals to and from the Clinic Q&A
- Why do IVF patients need a dedicated acupuncture clinic?
- Why should I come to the acupuncture IVF support clinic instead of seeing my own acupuncturist whom Iíve been seeing for years?
- What if I want to keep having acupuncture in the future after my IVF cycle ?
- Why would my IVF specialist recommend this clinic?